Seed Grants 2011
Congratulations to the nine interdisciplinary teams awarded 2011 Food Innovation Center Seed Grant Awards.
The funding supports team approaches that lead to competitive extramural grants and ultimately improve lives through adequate, safe, health-promoting food. A minimum of two Center faculty members from at least two Ohio State colleges comprise each team. Two of the nine teams were granted target awards , special investments in new ideas and partnerships between STEM experts and those in business, social science, arts, or humanities. Across the nine total awards, 28 Center members from ten colleges are addressing food challenges through transdisciplinary inquiry and innovation.
*Esperanza Carcache de Blanco (PI), Pharmacy; *Yael Vodovotz, FAES; *Scott McGraw, A&S
Target Awards: Granted to teams advancing collaboration beyond STEM disciplines. FIC reserved funding in this round for such broadly interdisciplinary projects.
Also in this section
- Seed Grants
- Cost Share Support
- Innovation Incentives
- Team Awards
- Innovation Initiatives
- Graduate Student Travel Awards
- Collaborative Studies Program with CCTS
- Social Science Data Grants
- Doctoral Research Grants
- Faculty Grant Proposal Review Committee
NewsMore news »
- FIC Member Provides Food Safety Tips to The Columbus Dispatch
- FIC Research Featured on NBC4 News
- Integrating Nutritional Information to Improve Health
- FIC Associate Director Appointed to Dietary Guidelines Committee