The Emerging Science of Carbohydrate Restriction and Nutritional Ketosis
On August 16-17, 2018 outstanding physician and scientific thought-leaders convened at Ohio State to highlight remarkable progress in the science of low carbohydrate nutrition. This symposium was concieved by the leadership team of Dr. Ken Ford, Dr. Ken Lee, Dr. Stephen Phinney and Dr. Jeff Volek. It was professionally run by Ms.Julie Manning and hosted by this Food Innovation Center. These must-watch videos were sponsored by Virta Health.
This comprehensive program ranged from basic molecular mechanisms of ketones as signaling molecules to practical treatments for cancer, metabolic, heart and neurological disorders. Scientists and journalists explored public policy and health guidelines that inhibit ketogenic treatments and examined the practical role of ketosis in ultra-endurance and professional sports.
We post minimally edited videos to retain full content and intent. Click on any below or visit the Virta Health Blog. Four presentations are not available today (Dr. Andrew Mente - The PURE Study; Dr. Ron Krauss - Human Lipoprotein Responses and Cardiovascular Risk; Dr. Jake Kushner - Medical Nutrition Therapy for T1 Diabetics; and Dr. Tim Noakes - The Lore of Nutrition). Watch this site as we hope to recover and post them here.
1. Dr. Ken Lee, Dr. Jeff Volek, Dr. Morley Stone - The Impact of Emerging Keto Science
2. Dr. Jon Ramsey, PhD - Ketogenic Diet and Aging
3. Dr. Jeff Volek PhD RD and Dr. Stephen Phinney MD PhD - Translating Basic Science of Nutitional Ketosis
4. Dr. Dominic D'Agostino PhD - KetoNutrition: From Science to Application
5. Dr. Sarah Hallberg DO - Type-2 Diabetes Reversal 6. Nina Teicholz MA - Vegetable Oils: The Untold Story and the US Dietary Guidelines
7. Dr. Colin Champ MD - Dietary Recommendations for Cancer/Warburg Metabolism
8. Dr. Eugene Fine MD - Consequences of Ketogenic Diets in Cancer: From RECHARGE to Biomarkers
9. Dr. Angela Poff PhD - Exploiting Cancer Metabolism with Ketosis and Hyperbaric Oxygen 10. Dr. Adrienne Scheck - Tumor Metabolism and the Ketogenic Diet 11. Parker Hyde - KETO-CARE Trial 12. Dr. Stephen Cunnane PhD - Brain Glucose and Ketone Metabolism in Alzheimer's Disease 13. Dr. Eric Kossoff MD - Ketogenic Diet and Seizure Managment
14. Gary Taubes MS - The Quality of Calories
15. Dr. Tim Noakes MD PhD - Sports Applications and Beyond
16. Dr. Stephen Phinney MD PhD - Keto-Adaptation
17. Dr. Jeff Volek PhD RD - Physical Performance
8. Dr. Brianna Stubbs PhD - Role of Ketone Supplements
19. Dr. Dawn Kernagis PhD - Research Updates 20. Dr. Brendan Egan PhD - Exogenous Ketones and Athletic Performance: Past, Present and Future 21. Dr. Peter Brukner MD - Team Sports Perspective
22. Steve Tashjian MS - Low Carb High Fat in Soccer: A Carbohydrate Periodization Model Thank you for your interest in food innovation and what may become the golden age of the science in support of ketogenesis.