Seed Grants 2011
Congratulations to the nine interdisciplinary teams awarded 2011 Food Innovation Center Seed Grant Awards.
The funding supports team approaches that lead to competitive extramural grants and ultimately improve lives through adequate, safe, health-promoting food. A minimum of two Center faculty members from at least two Ohio State colleges comprise each team. Two of the nine teams were granted target awards , special investments in new ideas and partnerships between STEM experts and those in business, social science, arts, or humanities. Across the nine total awards, 28 Center members from ten colleges are addressing food challenges through transdisciplinary inquiry and innovation.
*Esperanza Carcache de Blanco (PI), Pharmacy; *Yael Vodovotz, FAES; *Scott McGraw, A&S
Target Awards: Granted to teams advancing collaboration beyond STEM disciplines. FIC reserved funding in this round for such broadly interdisciplinary projects.
Also in this section
- Matching Program Support
- FFH/FIC Seed Grants and Team Awards
- Graduate Student Travel Awards
- Past Funding Programs
NewsMore news »
- Growing Food and Harvesting Hope for Cancer Survivors
- Why Do We Crave the Pain of Spice?
- Mediterranean diet may decrease pain associated with obesity featuring FIC member Charles Emery
- Why McDonald's Big Mac Sauce Tastes Like Tomato Sauce featuring FIC member Devin Peterson